I'd like to nominate the belu bottle of natural mineral water for the Hot Air Oscar for the greatest ecological achievements by a 500-ml beverage container.
It's an incredibly long list, spanning the whole ecosystem. On the front of the bottle there are icebergs and a penguin. On the back, a field full of flowers and butterflies.
The bottle's achievements, in more detail:
- It's the UK's first compostable bottle.
- They can be composted back to soil in only 8 weeks - a million times faster than plastic bottles!!
- Every bottle you buy provides clean water for one person for one month
- It's the first bottled water that does not contribute to global warming
- It is penguin approved
- All profits go to clean water projects
Surely it is an honour simply to stand in the presence of such a vessel.