Friday, August 28, 2009

Servants, LEGO, and Kindles

I'm happy to announce that Sustainable Energy - without the hot air is now available for the Kindle. A lot of Kindle users have been asking for this. I hope it works nicely!
Some helpful correspondents sent me some nice links to other people's estimates of the energy output of a human slave. I've added these links to the SEWTHA wiki. If you have additional data or facts relevant to the book, please add them to the wiki. Thanks!
And last but not least, I've been brainstorming with friends about how to make games for understanding energy and for consensus-building. One such game has already been designed using lego to represent energy inputs and outputs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure whether this is relavent enought to fit on the wiki, but according to http://en.allexperts.com/q/Science-Kids-3250/Hamster-Power.htm
a hamster is capable of about 0.15 watts of sustained output for 4 hours a day, making roughly 220 watt hours in a year.

This number may be useful in persuading people of the insignificance of things like unplugging mobile phone chargers.